After taking a break i ended up messing with the lighting of the scene as well as generating a few new textures and materials for it here is what i have now.
I rather liked the effect of Glow on the light texture. As you can see i’ve applied a beige concrete texture to the scene and not so much applied but ignored a texture to the launch clamps, will fix later. i’ve also put a translucent material on the fuel tube. i am kind of unhappy with how edges don’t seem to show properly on the walls.
I’ve fixed the mapping on the clamps and added. more lights to get a more clear image. if i need to i can desaturate it in post to enhance the shadows.
Here are my textures so far
As you can see the Rocket and Clamp textures share a base, although the clamp is filtered to be darker. the Decals are in some radom font i found in the gimp font window, possibly from the uni computers. concrete is just beige + HSV noise + Despeckle filters.
For somre reason the breif asked for deformers so i set up a retract animate blendshape for the launch clamp. I figure this counts as a deformer.
After some more Mucking around with lighting and stuff… here is a render of what’s approaching the final thing.
I kinda want to add a few more set dressings. i was thinking fire extinguisher but that seems unessicarily complex so i think i’ll go First Aid Kit instead. Annnnd Done.
NOTE: For some reason, probably because i’m using Maya 2017 on my home computer, the lighting is different between my and the uni’s computers. I adjusted the lighting for renders on my home computer, as such the lighting is borked on the uni’s computers. i don’t know how to fix this.